Why Join PWGC?
In October 2004, Pensacola was hit by Hurricane Ivan that left $26 billion of property damage in its wake. People lost homes, businesses and had their lives turned upside down. Kolleen Chesley was a financial advisor and relied on face-to-face networking to find clients, much of which ceased after the storm. She, and two other businesswomen, met for lunch for motivation and were amazed at how much business guidance they shared with each other. There was something different about the way women networked with other women. Out of that lunch over 15 year ago, a not-for-profit was born.
Kolleen serves full-time as Founding Director of what was originally Women’s Business Lunch and now known as Powerful Women of the Gulf Coast, a community-benefit organization. Our vision is to be the premier women’s organization for business development and growth. We create an arena for ALL women to come together, celebrate successes, provide actionable training and tools, and encourage collaboration and charitable giving. Through PWGC, our women empower themselves and others towards business success and individual prosperity therefore changing our community.
Our mission is to promote, advance and improve women in business and we accomplish this in multiple ways:
- Monthly networking meetings. Held in Pensacola & Gulf Breeze, open to anyone in business and free to attend. Structured meetings include open networking, educational segments, sponsor presentations, 30 second commercials from all attendees, and a whole lot of fun. These meeting are chock full of value and a great way to build new relationships to help support businesses. The Pensacola meetings include lunch paid for by our sponsors.
- Powerful Women of the Gulf Coast Magazine. We were proud to bring back our print magazine in 2019! Editions feature interviews of local successful leaders sharing honest thoughts on leadership, success, obstacles, and inspiration as it relates to women in business. We also include articles on leadership, networking, and skill development. The magazine is geared for anyone in business looking for business motivation and tips.
- Pursue Your Passion Women’s conference. Celebrating National Business Women’s Week, we hold multi-day conference during the third week of October. We feature a national speaker focused on tactile information for women in business, feature several local speakers on motivation and sharing their stories, and include structured and unstructured networking, great resources for women and plenty of laughter and fun. Our 2020 conference is Wednesday, October 21st and Thursday, October 22nd at Sanders Beach.
- Power Up Challenge classes. 12-week educational series that meets weekly focused on four areas of business: Networking, Marketing, Business Efficiency, and Sales Skills. Open to business-minded individuals and classmates receive full audio recording of each class along with class notes, expanded notes, and extra resources. Remote classes also available. Classes are affordable and chock full of valuable content. Series offered several times a year.
- Women in Leadership twice monthly shows featuring our members, local community leaders and other businessmen and women with conversational style in-depth interviews and advice on mentoring, keys to success, time management tools, personal mantras and inspirations, and how men can support women in business.
- Pay-It-Forward Leadership Books. To provide access to free tools on inspiration, mentoring, marketing, and other leadership or development topics, we are proud to have used (or sometimes new) leadership books available for attendees at our monthly meetings, our conference and other events. We encourage attendees to take a free book, read the book and then pass it onto another businesswoman to help inspire her along her business journey.
- New Programs for Members started in 2019 – We now offer a scholarship program in which members are eligible to apply for discounted membership or discounts to attend approved training with a limited number of approved collaborative relationships. We also started a Member Give Back in which members vote for PWGC to donate a small charitable contribution to a local non-profit. The amount donated is based on our current membership numbers.
- We offer two levels of membership; however, we do not require membership to attend our events.
POWERFUL WOMEN OF THE GULF COAST PRESENTS
Women in Leadership
Welcome to Women in Leadership, the podcast by Powerful Women of the Gulf Coast! Our home is now right here on our website, and you can expect new episodes on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month.
Quint Plus One Book
Our vision is to be the premier women’s organization for business development and growth and one of our cornerstones for our vision is EDUCATION. We feel education is important at all stages of a business career and we always want to provide resources for our members and followers to further their education. For a last month fundraising push, we tied education into generating some funds for the organization with our newest offer to further your education – QUINT PLUS ONE! For a $30 donation, you get a copy of Quint Studer’s new book The Busy Leader’s Handbook book PLUS ONE book from our book flier. It’s like 2 books for the price of one! And we hope you are looking for some last minute gifts or some reading material for over the holidays to sharpen your saw before the new year.
Thank you for helping us with this last month push to end our year strong!